Friday, September 14, 2007

A New One


I just started reading this book by Priscilla Shirer. She is a phenomenally gifted bible teacher. She is following Beth Moore's example of expository teaching with outstanding application. The opening states this,

"The Lord doesn't speak in a whisper or in a dark corner somewhere where people can barely hear; nor does He try to trick us because He knows we can't understand what He's saying. 'You are my witnesses, declares the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he.' (Is 43:10) God doesn't have a case of cosmic laryngitis, and nothing is wrong with His transmitter. Our receiving equipment, however, often leaves a lot to be desired."

The book is an examination of the first ten verses in 1 Samuel 3. I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments: