Saturday, November 10, 2007

Aches and Pains




It isn't often that little ones get hurt in soccer. The speed and impact of the players are not at the point in which contact usually leaves anything other than some bruising. Today was a different day for that theory. No, it wasn't one of my children, but it was one of the player's on my boy's U10 team. My heart and those of my parent group and team are breaking this evening as they witnessed a very bad injury of one of their teammates today. A severely broken leg. I won't go into graphic detail, but oh my....I felt and feel so bad for him. He is in surgery as I write this. We are praying for the best as the severe break occured within the growth plate region of his upper tibia/fibula and tibial plateau (for you anatomy folks!) The best part of the experience was a good family friend of the boy coming onto the field and openly praying over all of us as we were aiding the boy. That was bold (and deeply appreciated)! Injuries happen....I know that, but I still hate to see it.

No comments: