Monday, October 08, 2007

Aahh Cleaning...


I have the house cleaning blues
I look around and see so much to do
I look at the walls, the windows, and the floors
I see heaps of dust layered like boards

What I need is a good house cleaning crew
But where to get one, I haven't a clue
I asked for volunteers, but none would relent
Their community spirit, it seems, had been spent

I could wish for an occasional hurricane
For me, that may not be such a bad thing
I could raise the windows and open the doors
And be done with these house cleaning chores

But hurricanes don't occur where I live
So its left up to me to clean this crib
I have devised a plan to get the job done
Since I can no longer depend on anyone

My plan is as simple as it can be
One that is not very taxing on me
My walking shoes I will lace up tight
And from this nightmare I will take flight

*by Ellen Bailey


A fun poem....I am in the process of cleaning out all the 'Kid' books and only keeping age appropriate and those I want to box up and keep. My office is a pile of....well....stuff at the moment. Ever experience the same thing?


No comments: