Friday, October 19, 2007

North Star and the Northern Lights


I had a friend move away a couple of years ago. I gave this friend a compass as a going away present with the following written...."If you ever get lonely, feel lost, start to question yourself then use this compass to find the north star. Looking up to find the north star will remind you to look up into the face of Jesus." I've been thinking a lot recently about our need to look up to the Lord.

"Thus says the Lord who made the earth, the Lord who formed it to establish it, the Lord is His name, Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know." Jer 33:2-3

Some day I want to travel to a place where I can look up and see Jesus in the Northern Lights.....It is as if the Lord is finger painting in the sky. I think the heaven's are the original kindergarten classroom.


1 comment:

erika said...

And all we ever needed to know we learned in Kindergarten... so I guess we just need to look up.