Thursday, May 08, 2008

F.R.O.G.

I received an email during my work hours today that had a sign off that said, F.R.O.G. and then this after it...Fully Rely On God. Now, I'm going to apologize right now if this is a copyright of anyone. It wasn't marked that way and I am not claiming it, but I did enjoy it. Fully Rely on God. It reminded me of lots of things, but the frog analogy was compelling. Do you know the story of the two frogs...it goes like this:

Two frogs fell into a can of cream
Or so I've heard it told
The sides of the can were shiny and steep
The cream was deep and cold.
"O, what the use?" said No. 1
"Tis fate-no help's around!
Good-bye, my friend!
Good-bye, said world!"
And weep still, he drowned.
But No. 2 of sterner stuff,
Dog paddled in surprise,
The while he wiped his creamy face
And dried his creamy eyes.
"I'll swim awhile, at least," he said
Or so it has been said...
It wouldn't really help the world
If one more frog was dead."
An hour or two he kicked and swam
Not once, he stopped to mutter,
But kicked and swam and swam and kicked, then hopped out,
via butter.

In my bible study group today we looked back on a year of study together. We realized that while our prayers went up our circumstances did not necessarily change - but our hearts did. God is always faithful. The frog analogy above is a good reminder that we can mutter and give up or we can Fully Rely on God, pursue His face within our circumstances and have unexpected blessing when God takes our creamy circumstances and turns them into butter.

"O taste and see that the Lord is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!"
Psalm 34:8




No comments: