Monday, July 24, 2006

I knew I shouldn't have picked patience...

In our Fruits of the Spirit bible study for next year I drew the short straw and am teaching on patience. The lecture gals have all had good laughs (and insight) as to how the Lord is going to teach them about their particular fruit. My 'fruit' seems to need to be picked every day! I haven't had a day go by in weeks in which this character trait hasn't come flying to the forefront. I have spent the last 10 days disconnected. I don't mind if it is of my choosing, but when it is the cable companies fault - aagghhh. I use technology in all aspects of my life. I haven't been all that patient with this blip. Needless to say we are back up and running, whew.....

I spent 22 minutes talking to a recorded voice last week. That is how our cable company filters its calls. At the end of those 22 minutes I finally screamed, "I want to talk to a live person." In which the recorded voice responded, "I'm sorry. I do not recognize your reply." AAGGGHHHH!!!!

I'm thankful for a Lord and saviour who can listen to my 22 minutes of rambling and NEVER replies, "I do not recognize you!." Praise the Lord for His undeniable, unending patience.

No comments: