Friday, February 01, 2008

They Call It Today's Daily Talk


My daughter's have started a daily habit that I hope lasts a lifetime. I have noticed that my youngest tells me most everything, but doesn't talk about relational school issues (ie) friends with me (unless I really pry). She does talk with her older sister about these issues and many other topics....Emma sits sideways on the comfy chair in the living room or they snuggle on one of their beds and partake in what they call 'Today's Daily Talk'. I was observing this recently (really, I wasn't eavesdropping....). I was struck by how important it was to the youngest one to interact in this way. I was equally drawn to how patient the older one was in sharing and listening to her sister. I am thankful for this budding relationship.....I hope their daily talks last a lifetime.


No comments: