Monday, January 12, 2009

I sat in a hospital waiting room this morning....there was an older couple (late 70's) sitting together and I noticed that she was holding his hand, but in a way that was very relaxed, comfortable and obviously familiar with each other. I couldn't resist (as I seldom do....) I asked about their life together. Much to my surprise they had only been married three years, yet had known each other for 18. She was widowed and he divorced. She didn't let go of his hand until they called him in for his surgery. After he went - she, with tears in her eyes, began to tell me the entire story. She didn't think the Lord was going to give her a soul mate at this stage in her life.... it made me once again think of Ecclesiastes 3:4...

"A time to weep and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn and a time to dance."



No comments: