Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Inquiring Minds Want To Know

"Moreover, Jehoshaphat said to the king of Israel, "Please inquire first for the word of the Lord." 1 Kings 22:5. Hmnnn.....we are an inquisitive bunch. We seem to want to know everything about anyone or anything. My husband and I have noticed (for years) that my oldest son always inquires of me - no matter what. He might know the answer, may have asked someone else, but always comes and inquires of me. We were experiencing it, but didn't quite recognize it until watching some old video footage from when he was a toddler and we saw him first hand his inquiring of me.

Where do you inquire first? The above scripture says it politely, "please" inquire first of the Lord. It is a holy habit to take all we are and all we experience to Him first. May we never move out in front of the Lord. May we always inquire of Him first, and when we fail to....Lord, make us quick to come to you to receive your amazing Grace.

No comments: