Monday, June 04, 2007

The Empty Basket

The picture to the right is of our beloved (and handy) snack basket. It is empty because we just came home from preschool and shared snack for the last time....

For some reason it made me a little sad. I have spent 9 years bringing snacks for Preschool. One of the moms laughed and said, "Did you bring the best snack ever today?" The answer is no. We had a good laugh over my first time bringing snack. I actually read the list of what to bring back then. Today, a little more scrounging took place. I will have many opportunities to bring snack for other occasions (soccer anyone?!!), but each little event of finishing is a step forward towards a different period in our lives. So much of the time I think we come to the Lord thinking our snack basket is full and that it should be. The truth is our basket is empty...which is exactly how the Lord wants it. For there is no other way to come humbly to Him....

No comments: