Sunday, June 10, 2007

My Weekend

I spent my weekend in Camarillo supporting my Emma as she participated in a soccer tournament. I have to admit that I really did not want to go. I love watching sports and I particularly enjoy watching my kids play. The problem for me was that I had a lot of work to take care of this weekend and would not be able to do as much of it from down south. I contemplated having my husband go, but ended up going myself.

I'm glad I did. Well....not at first. I took a bunch of work with me thinking I would be able to connect online at the hotel (and a nice one it was, too). Alas, they wanted to charge me a large fee for hookup. Being cheap I wasn't about to pay the fee. Oh well. I then thought I would be able to do some research between games. No such luck. A little shopping therapy at the Temple of Target was calling to me. We had early games Saturday so I then was looking at working afterwards. Nope. I spent time at the pool talking with another mom. Maybe after dinner. Two and a half hours later after 45 of us ate dinner I was no longer in the mood.

The Lord kept taking away the work. Why? So I could focus on my Emma and have some amazing conversations with some other parents. The Lord has dropped me into this group for a reason. Some know the Lord and others don't. My earlier pool conversation was with a mom who is Jewish. We talked at length about how an international exchange student from Japan had spent the year with their family. It was an amazing experience for this family, but they really didn't connect with this student. They hold very different perspectives on the world, religion, politics and education. It made me realize how different my perspective is with this mom. Ever talk to a Jewish person about the prophet Isaiah? We will see where the Lord takes me with this group of Jewish believers, Muslim believers, Catholics, and fellow Christians.

I'm glad the Lord saw fit to take away my work this weekend. He had other work for me to do.

No comments: