Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Walking in the Shadows

I have two pictures to contemplate today. The first is of our beloved Jacob. There just aren't words to describe this boy. Try as I might the words just seem to fall short of the essence of Jacob. He was completely annoying his sister last evening. We were walking out from Costco (dad had to work, cheap dinner, errands accomplished!) the sun was behind us which cast our shadows in front of us. Jacob was enamored by them and chose to continually walk on his sisters shadow. Yep.....she did not appreciate it and tried to run in several directions to no avail. Jacob managed to find the shadow and jump on it. Screaming ensued.....it made me think immediately of those two well known verses, "Keep me as the apple of the eye; Hide me in the shadow of You wings." Psalm 16:8 and "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty" Psalm 91:1. I wonder just how much I scream when I am in the shadow of my Lord? I prefer my son's laughter.

1 comment:

Jacquelyn said...

How sweet! we have a whole family of pests, my husband says that his love language is "pester".